Being that I have finally gotten a “big girl” job, I have had the pleasure of waking up at 5am every morning to pick out my outfit. I thought that I should share my essentials for the new working girl. For me- I think it is important for your personality to shine through with specific pieces but to also be professional. These pieces work for someone and you can make them your own and put a twits on them. So here are my 5 Essentials for the working girl!
- First, the Medium Transport Tote from Madewell – I literally ordered this just last week! This tote is perfect for anyone, especially someone who is on the go all the time. Also, the fact that you can monogram it to make it more personal.
- To me you should always have the perfect pant! This Skinny Ankle Pant from Vince Camuto is it. A great pair of black slacks that you can throw on and dress up with a cute heel and shirt never goes out of style.
- Third – if you already don’t have – a fitted blazer. This isn’t just a work essential its an everyday one! A blazer can take your outfit to a whole new level. I am OBSESSED with this ZARA blazer with elbow patches – you can’t go wrong with an elbow patch ladies.
- We can’t forget about a heel – most importantly a COMFORTABLE one. Nothing is worse than a girl who can’t walk in her heels! This Vince Portia Suede Pump is perfect to slip on when you get into the office right before an important meeting.
- Last, but definitely not leasts the go-to button up. Every girl should have one because you can do so much with it. J.crew‘s New Perfect Shirt is the ideal shirt – you can pair it with any type of pant, skirt or heel.
Okay, so those are my 5 essentials that every girl should have – especially the working girl! If you like any of the pieces I have selected just click on the photo and it will take you to where you can buy them!